Historical Background

 

 

 


In 1904, a fledgling Pharmaceutical concern, PCA & Co. was launched at Peridepi by the Ayurveda Mahopadhyaya Sri PC Ayya Varappayya. He initiated Dr D Subrahmanyam into Ayurveda.


In 1929 the unit was shifted to Vijayawada, a larger town.


In 1947, his successor Dr D Subramanyam made an indelible mark in Ayurveda. Renaming the firm as Indian Medicine House, Dr Subramanyam met the aspirations of the society of that time, fired by the nationalistic feeling that pervaded the nation.

Sri PC Ayya Varappayya Dr D Subramanyam


In 1971, during a process of expansion and diversification, the manufacturing unit was relocated to ‘Nagalands’, Seetharampuram, Vijayawada with a renewed title - INDIAN MEDICINE INDUSTRIES. This was under the stewardship of Dr DL Narayana, BCom., DAM, Ex-member Central Council, son and successor of Dr D Subrahmanyam. Dr D Indumathi, Dr Narayana’s wife, added strength to the company by becoming an integral part of the team.


In 1985, Dr DL Narayana, adopted corporate principles with a view to give his company a professional touch. The business house was registered as IMIS PHARMACEUTICALS PVT. LIMITED under the Companies Act.

 

 

 
.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................